Welcome to our community, if you're a newbie.
After seeing this thread title, you might of asked yourself,
- "Hey, what tag should I use for my thread asking for Collaborators?"
- That's a good question, and I'm happy to announce that we have a brand new thread tag for all Collaboration posts
♪♫ Ethereal Music ♪♫
So, please use this thread tag for all your Collaboration thread posts, from here out, for the best way to get attention for that subject and to keep your post from fading in the flood of threads that post daily.
- "Hey, how do I properly ask for an art/writer collaborator on a project I have in mind, without stepping on toes and accidentally offending anyone?"
- Ah! Thanks for asking, hypothetical person. ♥
There are no "Official Rules" to follow here HOWEVER!!!, there are still etiquettes to consider when asking for collaborators. Here are some recommended guidelines from the community:
- "Oh! This is a lot to consider. Is there an example of a good Collaboration post that I can look at for reference?"
- Yes, definitely! I recommend check out this thread below. The original poster has covered all the guidelines and because of that has gotten a lot of happy responses from the artist community. A happy artist is a happy partner.
A great example of an A+ great thread post asking for a background artist:
- "Do I have to offer pay in order to ask for a collaborator? I have no monies. I is broke."
- Absolutely not! Most of us can relate to being broke, and having a project we still want to create. However, it is good to be considerate that most won't give up their time without something in return. Most of us here have our own projects that we lovingly sacrifice time and energy for. Perhaps, offer up a trade of some kind. For example, fan art, guest comic, proof readering, translator, script writer for their series if they help on your project.
To sum up,
- Be considerate
- Be respectful of the community
- Give a clear and detailed summary for what you're looking for in your 1st post
- To the Community- be patient and tolerant of people asking for collaborators
- Report any threads that raise red flags
- And let's create awesome things together