Another thing a friend of mine and I often point out in private conversation whenever bitching like this occurs is that it's not even as big as people are making it out to be.
If you look at the popular page, maybe half or less of the most popular will be BL. Much less if you include the whole popular section.
If you look at the site's top creators by popularity, the number drops to a third.
If you look at what Tapas is ACTUALLY PROMOTING (i.e. the things Tapas as a company can actually fucking affect???? Unless they were to go and outright cheat the system to screw LGBT creators - like youtube and the advertistors on it are doing - or straight up BAN gay content - like a certain webcomic publisher I won't mention by name is doing, and no it's not Webtoons it's another one.) the number drops to what, 10-15%? Which actually makes sense because if we'd get rid of the stigmatization around being gay, that's approx the percentage of people that would openly belong to the community.
But the thing here is: When a group is hidden and stigmatized for so long, and suddenly they have a voice, even if it's still smaller than that of people outside the group, then people start to believe they take much more space than they actually do. This occurs in many places in the world, including workplaces. Take a random male-dominated job, and put 4 women in one workplace of that job for example. So lets say you have a construction worker team of 20 people, of which 4 are women. People often look at that and go "wow there are a lot of women here" - even though they only make up 20% of the workforce.
But these people don't care about an unbiased viewpoint, they don't care about looking at the numbers rationally. They don't give a fuck that webcomics are one of the very few places were LGBT people can work fairly safely and not risk having to work side by side irl with someone that could beat them to death any minute.
Deep down, they WANT us gone, and don't care what we will have to suffer for their comfort of not having to see us. They just can't bluntly say "fuck gay people they disgust me anyway" so they mask it under 50 unconvincing layers of "content variation" this, "give other creators a chance" that, "consumers will be bored" and "reach out to broader audiences".
Where the fuck were you guys with your "content variation" and "giving creators a chance" when 99.99% of the media allowed into publishing was straight shit made by straight people and the remaining 0.01% only included gay people to make them a walking joke?!
I am so tired of bullshit. We can all tell what they really think, nobody is convinced, and the charade is a big fat annoying bore that we are forced to play along with. Because if we don't, and if we call them out on their bullshit, we are "butthurt feminazi SJW's looking for an excuse to scream 'triggered'".