With the recent news that Tapas will officially be shutting down in March 2027, I know a lot of indie comic creators and readers are wondering: where do we go from here?
First, I want to say thank you to everyone who has read and supported Mikage and Jade on Tapas. The comic isn't going anywhere! Mikage and Jade will continue to be available elsewhere, and I'll continue releasing new chapters.
One platform I'm especially excited about is PopJoy, a new and growing comic platform built with independent creators in mind! It helps you seamlessly animate your comic panels and creates an immersive experience directly on the platform itself!
PopJoy gives creators the ability to retain ownership of their work while offering tools for things like reader engagement, analytics, monetization, etc. It's still a newer platform in open beta and will be officially releasing October 6th, which means this is also a great opportunity for indie creators and readers to get involved while its community is growing.
With that said, here’s where you can continue to read and support Mikage and Jade:
WEBTOON: https://www.webtoons.com/en/canvas/mikage-and-jade-gl/list?title_no=1040142
COMICFURY: https://mikageandjade.thecomicseries.com/comics/1/#content-start
POPJOY: https://popjoy.app/series/mikage-and-jade
TUMBLR: https://mikageandjade.tumblr.com/
KOFI: https://ko-fi.com/mikageandjade
But I don't want this post to just be about my comic.
INDIE COMIC CREATORS: DROP YOUR LINKS BELOW!
If you published your comic on Tapas, or you're simply an indie comic creator looking for new readers, feel free to share your comic, where people can read it, and a short description!
Webtoon, PopJoy, ComicFury, your own website, or anywhere else you're publishing is welcome.
And readers: please take a look through the replies! You might find your next favorite indie comic.
Losing a platform that so many creators called home is upsetting, but the stories themselves don't have to disappear with it!