If it's numbers you want, I got 'em! I've got around 22,000 ad impressions this month which equals around $13 before fees--so this isn't the amount I've made this month, but the amount that will be split for both Tapastic and me. I average around 2,000 - 3,500 ad impressions per day, which is what I need to get to the $25 mark in a month.
A few things to keep in mind:
* I update daily. I'm super happy to have many dedicated readers who actually check out the comic every day, a lot of them without ad blockers, but of course providing frequent content is hard work. Ad revenue is exciting and frequent updates help a ton, but don't overwork!
* Each page is posted in a separate episode in my comic which means binge readers and people catching up on several days worth of updates will scroll past more ads. Huge numbers in the episode count can be scary for new readers; just think about what works best for your comic!
* A lot of people aren't aware of the ad revenue system, so there's no harm in asking your readers if they use ad blockers. Maybe they'll disable it for Tapastic--I did!
* I hold raffles where people can collect tickets via different methods, one of them being a simple visit to Tapastic. The raffles are hosted on my website, so maybe someone who doesn't actually use Tapastic will check it out--and sure, maybe they won't even scroll down to see the ads, but maybe someone will end up re-reading a few pages! Or why not ask friends to take a look? There's a good chance more people will join the site as a result and in the end we all benefit from that.
* I've only been using ad revenue for 2 months and I have no idea whether some ads equal more money than others or if there are any notable regional differences. Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose!