Many of you don't know, but I have a book named One poem a day. I wake up one morning with the silliest idea ever, what about I wrote poetry and illustrated your novel or comic in a poem? And turn it into a book.
Now let's prepare for Season 3!
Since Season 2 will be posted in March, I will accept 31 submissions, which will present with a thematic! After two seasons, I want to know more about you and/or the character you have created. Or even the persona you choose to be behind your stories.
Let me explain: the theme is portrait. You can choose to present yourself in a free text or something already published or broadcast on tapas!
If free text, please keep it around 1.5K words, and you can forward it to me by the mentioned channels below.
You may even send me a picture of you to based my drawing on your real features (photos will be deleted once the drawing is done! Your photo will not be posted on the internet! I take GPRD very seriously!)
You may also choose to present your persona and provide me a free text as above, and the image could be a simple stock image (don't worry if it has a watermark)
At last, you may present YOUR CHARACTER by free text as mentioned above or point me to the right chapter that most reveal this creation of yours
FAQ (that nobody asked me yet)
1. Requirement - You'll need to sub to (Tapas)bits. This is mandatory!! as a second optional requirement, you may sub to One Poem a day)
The latest is not much to gain a new subscriber but for you to have an idea of my work. My poetry is illustrated and sorta raw.
1. There are no limits for subscription as the first season!
2. Is there a limited number for submission? Well, so far, only one work per author, and I think 31 pieces will be my max at the moment. If more submission comes in, they pass to Season 4
3. When will it be published? It will be public on the 1 March and should be close the 31 March
4. Your work has to have at least 1 chapter
5. How do I submit?
or join the following discord server:
(thank you @jensrichard77)
1. Do I need to write/draw something? No! I will do the heavy lifting. However, you will need to indicate to me the following details:
URL of your work (must be on Tapas), I will not accept work posted on other platforms
The chapter you want me to work on (for the novel. please try not to go above 1.5K words)
Illustrations, photos, key-words, any material you think could be an addon to the poem and its illustration (this is not mandatory is just if you want to complete your submission and help me compose the piece based on your work)
2. What do I win with this? First, in the poem's description, your work will be mentioned and linked, and I hope it brings you views and new subs.
3. THIS IDEA IS IN NO WAY RELATED TO TAPAS OR ANY EDITOR. This is between communities for us to have fun and know each other work in an original form.
4. What if I hate your final work, and I feel you do not respect my job or my idea. It is very legitimate that it might happen. That is why I ask people to check first my poetry to understand if they would like to see their work on my own POV
5. Can I use your poetry in my work later? Yes, as long it is credited, you may use illustration and poetry. You can even contact me back if you need me to format the illustration or something. We'll see what you need.
6. I already participated in Season 1 and/or 2. Can I submit it again? YES, you can (and you should) with the same work or another as long as you respect the thematic of Season 3
7. When will submission end? 20 February 2021 is the limit. Submission after that will be pass to Season 4
If you have more questions, please feel free to contact me on the channels I mentioned.
My personal taste will not be a factor of elimination, and if this fun event is successful, we can repeat it for other events.
Please submit your work on the proper channels mentioned above. If you post in the thread of the forum, it might get lost.
Due to lack of submission 25 February (tapas)bits will be set as completed.