Soooo, my friend just binge read through the end of my comic and I've got to give 32 facts... Here goes:
1) The first ever drawing of a character from Petrichor is in my highschool diary from 2015
2) it was a drawing of main character Alice seen on the cover, who is canonically 8 years old, meaning Alice as a character is older than Alice in universe.
3) Because of the lack of rain in universe many people have begun to assign mythical properties to water and aquatic creatures
4) because of this belief a lot of government sigils, uniforms and power signs are inspired by sea animals, including police and humanitarian aid both inspired by jellyfish.
5) Mliko the drone is a repurposed police drone redesigned by Finn, hence the cat design and ears with the fish tail
6) the floating fishbots you can see in the background around page 20 are supposed to suck up pollutant particles in the air. There aren't really enough to make a difference though.
7) many people who don't live in air-controlled homes develop asthma, Khay being one of them
8) Aide has Waardenberg's syndrome which is an inherited illness that causes partial or total deafness among other things. She is deaf in her left ear and can sometimes be seen wearing a pink hearing aid. It's also the reason for her blue eyes.
9) Mliko is named that because while I was looking for a name my ex (who speaks czech) suggested Mliko because it means "milk" in czech, but only in the case of beer foam.
10) Mliko can be used as an ethylotest
11) there is a Pokémon hidden in the background once every chapter, no one has found the chapter one Pokémon yet.
12) oftentimes posters seen in the environment are just concept art for the chapter that I've edited
13) Finn loves to play MMORPGs and will play as cats as often as he is allowed.
14) Mina's name is actually more accurately spelled M.I. N/A.
15) The clone serial number is made as follows : "[Model Name] [sex of original specimen] [individual number]".
16) Khay and Mina both had a different irl friend to model them in their early concept stages. Though most of the real people who were their skeleton is hidden now, a couple of details remain.
17) Multiple people in the main cast are doomed.
18) Alice really really reaaaaaally loves orchids.
19) Khay's favorite colour is red.
20) Aide really likes reading romance books, but her girlfriend Sarin is severely dyslexic and can't read. Sarin uses Mliko to narrate audiobooks so she can share her girlfriend's passion.
21) Some of my merch has major spoilers in it if you look close enough
22) I barely drew Alice in chapter 2 so when I got back to drawing her for the last few pages I was out of practice
23) Almost everyone has some sort of robotic prosthesis. For the younger people it's fashion, for the older ones, it's reparative surgery post war.
24) Zica had two daughters before coming to France. Emphasis on had.
25) Alice, Sarin and Finn's mother is a big fan of rabbits.
26) Sarin's goal is to become so good as a cage fighter that she could one day try official MMA fights
27) I realised I hadn't finalised JP's design right before the page he first appears in so I did 6-7 test figures in black and white before settling on this one
28) I often wonder if my scifi story is scifi enough
29) there's a romance subplot I'm very much debating still whether I'll put it in or not. It's definitely juicy drama and can play in really well for the main plot tension, but it needs balancing.
30) if I continue at this pace, the comic will be done by 2030. I hope you're patient.
31) my favorite part to draw is graffiti on the walls in the background
32) please no one ever like my comic ever again doing all of this is SO MUCH WORK