Hello there, artist here.
I saw your other thread showing samples of your script and having a few people revising it, just have a few questions.
- Is this meant to be a comic script or what is the purpose of it? Based on that, determine what are the things you require in it.
- Is the format meant to be a script for horizontal comic or webtoon?
- Where does a panel start and what are the contents inside it?
- When does a page start and where it finish?
- What are the things to be drawn or visualize, at which camera angle, which type of camera shot?
- What are the facial expression, the actions, etc of the characters if they are going to be drawn or visualized?
If you're expecting to collaborate with someone or try to pitch this to an artist, this script is lacking in a lot of information.And even if this is meant to be a sticky note for a Novel, it still feels lacking and even if you claim you have a good memory, at least personally for me, it'll be best if you make a proper description of the events to be drawn / be visualzied, and then you expand on it in narrative format.
Pardon the intrusion but if I hard to work with this, I would reorganize it like this
[Page (Not sure what page its of your story) ]
Panel 1: We see Jackie*, drinking from a [Bottle? Glass? Canteen? Specific shaped object from worldbuilding meant to carry liquids or specifically alcohol or a similar derivate?], piloting the ship*. Here you would detail things such as with which hand she holds which object, type of camera shot, camera angle and such. Is there any Sound Effect, like beeping from the ship, she gulping, buttons or something that provides to the immersion or tension of the scene?
Panel 2: There is a ship* in the middle of [Space?/Earth's sky?/Undertwater? Where?], dodging enemy shots. The scene starts with a general shot, ship facing [Front, back, left, right], there are around [insert number] shots drawn, [determine range towards the ship, proximity and such]
- Here would you likely attach a link with references of the ship or character if you're introducing it, its definitive design and concept arts, from the inside or outside, depending what is required to draw or conceptualize, obviously not necessary here in the forum, but as resources for yourself and the artist.
And then, we lose the structure. As an artist the flow of information is already broken
Starting dialogue, where does it happens? Within the first panel or in a new one? Quantity of speech bubbles within a single panel? 1, 2, 3, 4? (Keep in mind has to be easy to read and not cover up the entire panel or be squashed all together)
Where does panel 3 start? How many panels does each page has in case it is a horizontal comic? If it's a vertical comic what is the space between panels? Does the dialogue happen within that blank space or in the panel? And so on.
Scripts are meant, most of the time, to be as clear as possible to be able to have a mental image of it without a need of extremely detailed and immersive words compared to written Novels and Stories, it has to be straight to the point, and easy for anyone to imagine the situation being presented regardless if you're aiming for professional or personal use, in short it has to be useful.