Day 12 of Comics Challenge! Okay, not a very inspirational quote today, but still true. Had a blast finishing up my landscape today, but now I'm tired out. Gonna take it easier tomorrow.
Here's the finished landscape, below. I learned a lot of stuff doing this and had a lot of fun.
Anyway, here are some things I want to improve next time...
- Learn to simplify.
- Make it more blocky so each section doesn't blend together so much.
- Figure out how to keep readability even on a lower contrast, overcast scene.
- Don't work back to front. Skip around a little bit to make sure everything will flow together nicely.
- Do a tighter underdrawing, it's easier that way.
- Leave some areas more empty/plain and others more detailed.