I may have included an irresponsible amount of foreign culture equivalents in my own comic. All of the races are chimeric versions of real world civilizations. For example:
Hindu/Native American Goliaths
Greek Bird Folk
Spanish Gypsy Satyrs
The list goes on. Now, i love studying history, so I can feel confident in about 25% of the representation... but I'll hide the other 75% behind excuses like "this is 17th century," "they aren't a DIRECT parallel...," and "Guess I'm changing that, now." There's a lot of cool, underappreciated cultures and aesthetics out there. I know I'll be asking for natives to double check my naming conventions. An example: A Russian speaker confirmed that Bashnigrad means what I hoped it meant: City of Spires.