Hello~ TurtleMe here!
I'm not sure how many of you here know who I am, but I'm an author here on Tapas. Several weeks back, I made a comic called Turtle Days.
Aside from the fact that I have very little artistic skills of my own, I created this little project as a way to thank my readers who are curious about my life and use it as a way to showcase some of the talented artists here on Tapas!
I've reached out in a previous forum post and was able to work with a few artists that I thought could best represent the scripts I had made.
Anyway, Tapas thought what I was doing was a really cool way to promote more community artists and was eager to help.
Guest artists of my series will now be included in the Daily Snack, a mobile app feature that sends 5 episodes from different series to readers' inboxes every day!
Reason's you might want to apply:
1) Unlike other collaborations, this does not require commitment. If selected, we can collaborate on one episode (again, 4-7 panels) and then we can part ways. Of course, if both parties want to continue the collaboration, that can be arranged.
2) It's paid. I'm fortunate enough to be able to make a living doing what I love and I'm using this daily-life comic of mine as a thank you to all of my readers and fans so it's only natural to pay the artist for their work and effort. Do keep in mind that I might not be able to match your usual rate and if we can't come to an arrangement, you are more than welcome to decline.
3) You can use it as a promotion. My novel, The Beginning After The End has a little over 600,000 views and 17,000 subscribers. My comic, on the other hand, has reached over 19k views with almost 1k subscribers. I make sure to credit the artist (links to their tapas page and their Patreon if applicable) in the description.
4) Either your own comic (If it fits the recommended criteria) or the piece you drew for me on TurtleDays (along with links to your own work) WILL BE FEATURED IN THE DAILY SNACK sometime in the near future.
5) Chance for reoccurring commissions. This is just a repeat of reason one, but, again, if both parties want to continue to work together, said artist/artists can be reoccurring guests.
How to apply:
It's fairly simple. Just comment below with a link to some of your comics or just dm me. Be sure to include your email address for when I get back to you and also a price range for your service (negotiable)
NOTE* comic artist must know how to color (sounds odd saying it like this). I'd highly highly highly prefer the comic shorts to all be in color so try to share links to colored works as well.
NOTE 2* I'm looking for multiple artists, so I encourage everyone who's interested to apply!
What will be expected from this collaboration:
1) Again, I want to showcase various art styles from different creators on here so I'm not going to ask you to draw a certain way. Rather, I'll encourage you to use this collaboration as a way to showcase your most comfortable and confident art style)
2) I will be providing the artists with a script for the most part. Feel free to voice out cool ideas, but for the most part, expect to work off a script.
3) Along with the 4-7 panel comic, you can choose to create a separate little art of my character introducing you. If you look at my comic, you'll see several examples of this.
4) Professional attitude. I consider myself a very mellow and flexible person and I don't have a hard deadline that I'll enforce on any of you, but all I ask is for my etiquette to be reciprocated.
Lastly, I just want to thank everyone for taking the time to read this. As a content creator, I've come to appreciate the community here on Tapas and want to do what I can to help support other artists. I look forward to working with all of you!
p.s. please excuse my grammar/typos/etc.
Note: Tapas has agreed to provide support in the form of promotion (via daily snacks). They are not paying me to do this and I'm not receiving any compensation. Money used to pay for artists will be coming out of my own shallow pockets.