UPDATE: We've gotten a ton of applications and are steadily going through them. For the time being, we will no longer accept any new applications for either position. Thanks everyone!
You may have noticed the influx of foreign webcomics on Tapas. Well, we're getting more, and we need help translating and typesetting them!
We are looking for two SEPARATE positions (but if you can do both, definitely apply!) Information below:
FOR CHINESE-ENGLISH TRANSLATORS:
This a paid part-time position and you can work from home.
Compensation: $20 - $25/episode, depending on length of translation
- Attention to detail
- Interest in Chinese manhua and ability to localize translations for Western audiences
- Basic understanding of Dropbox
- 10 - 20 hrs./week availability
This is a paid part-time or full-time position. You can work from home, but candidates that are able to come to our office in Burlingame (located next to the Caltrain station) are preferred.
- A strong understanding of Adobe Photoshop as well as access to the program (CS2 and above)
- Good design sensibilities
- A strong sense of the English language and grammar
- 20 - 40 hrs./week availability
If you are interested in either position, please send us a quick personal intro and simple resume with contact information to email@example.com.
You will be given a quick test for either position.
If you have also applied for a type-setter position in the past, let Jessica know!
We look forward to working with you