Tapas is looking for a great web comics editor to join the content team to help manage, curate, and onboard new comics. This is a full time, on-site position: candidate will work out of Tapas' headquarter in the California Bay Area. Because Tapas’ biggest strength is our fantastic community of awesome creators, we’re reaching out to you all before posting to external job sites.
- Someone who’s crazy about comics and particularly web comics. Someone who has a genuine passion in the medium.
- Someone who’s passionate about storytelling/entertainment/content business in general
- Someone who has a great eye for game-changing stories and creators
- Someone who’s a total hustler - someone who can go to hell and freeze it over to identify and recruit ONE great creator
- Someone who is fundamentally a people person.
- Work closely with webcomic creators to create masterpiece titles
- Identify, contact, and onboard great webcomic creators (if they’re not on Tapas yet!)
- Conceive and develop new premium webcomics projects with content creators
- Manage schedule and deadlines; Provide editorial feedback to the projects
- Report to our Editor-in-Chief, Michael Son
- A bachelor’s degree
- US work eligibility
- 2+ years of experience of producing/editing comics a strong plus
- Longtime Tapas community members (in whichever capacity) a strong plus
If you’re interested, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- Quick writing assignment: A list of 5 comics (new or old) on Tapas that deserve more attention, with a one-sentence explanation why