I think I agree with @rainbowolfe about the flow of transactions and with @michaelson about how there might be a language issue here...
One issue seems to be how the Balance Details page should be read. I would propose that, despite the way it looks, it isn't set up like a spreadsheet with one transaction type per column. Instead, two transactions which show up at different times in the financial flow are logged in a single column and, in fact, a single number. That's where the math / language disconnect seems to stem from...
This is how I perceive the Balance Details page given the information provided in this thread:
- Amount = the monetary value of the total amount of ink a fan gives to a creator.
- Estimated Fees = the 30% fee that is incurred when the ink is given plus the 15% fee that is incurred when monies are withdrawn by the creator.
- Creator's Share = the estimated value after both fees are incurred when and if money is withdrawn. The take home profit for the creator.
The part I'm not certain of is whether the 15% incurred at withdrawal is 15% of the original total or 15% of the total after the initial 30% fees are deducted. Either way, if you think of the 2nd column as containing information for two separate transactions which occur at two separate times, then it should be easy enough to reconcile the math.
Estimated fees are either up to 45% of the original total over two separate transactions, or up to 40.5% of the original total over two separate transactions.
Unless my math is wrong or I'm totally missing the point of the question. In which case, I apologize for further muddying the waters.